We require two forms of identification
1. Photo identification (one of)
2. Proof of address (one of)
Persons under 18
Minors who do not have a primary photographic ID of their own should provide supporting ID plus a parent/guardian/other family member’s passport or NZ drivers licence. Both persons should visit the office when presenting ID.
Alternative identification documents
The documents must:
- be originals
- not defaced or damaged
- current or otherwise expired within the 12 months of presenting to us and clearly displays the expiry date
- documents not in English must be accompanied by an independent and certified English translation that is provided to you by an official translation service.
Proof of address documents must:
- include your name
- be issued in the preceding 12 months of presentation to us
- include a unique reference such as IRD number, customer number, registered membership number, tenancy bond reference.
- include your current residential address
- a PO Box is not acceptable unless the document includes your residential address and above details
Overseas passports or similar document issued for international travel must contain name, date of birth and the signature of the person or biometric measure. It must be issued by a foreign government, the United Nations, or agency of the United Nations.
National identity card:
The national identity card must be one issued by a foreign government, United Nations or an agency of the United Nations for the purpose of identification and carry the name, date of birth, photograph and signature or biometric measure.