Identity Documents

We require two forms of identification

1. Photo identification (one of)

2. Proof of address (one of)

Persons under 18

Minors who do not have a primary photographic ID of their own should provide supporting ID plus a parent/guardian/other family member’s passport or NZ drivers licence. Both persons should visit the office when presenting ID.

Alternative identification documents

Document guidelines

The documents must:

  • be originals
  • not defaced or damaged
  • current or otherwise expired within the 12 months of presenting to us and clearly displays the expiry date
  • documents not in English must be accompanied by an independent and certified English translation that is provided to you by an official translation service.

Proof of address documents must:

  • include your name
  • be issued in the preceding 12 months of presentation to us
  • include a unique reference such as IRD number, customer number, registered membership number, tenancy bond reference.
  • include your current residential address
  • a PO Box is not acceptable unless the document includes your residential address and above details

Overseas passports:

Overseas passports or similar document issued for international travel must contain name, date of birth and the signature of the person or biometric measure. It must be issued by a foreign government, the United Nations, or agency of the United Nations.

National identity card:

The national identity card must be one issued by a foreign government, United Nations or an agency of the United Nations for the purpose of identification and carry the name, date of birth, photograph and signature or biometric measure.

I am excited to announce that Emma Stanley Law has been incorporated into the firm of PRLaw from 1 September 2022.

This opportunity enables me to continue to serve my Invercargill based clients with a physical office as well as being able to offer a full range of legal services.

If you are based outside of Invercargill, together, PRLaw and I, would love to help you with your legal needs. 

Any questions, please contact us today.